Wednesday, December 2, 2009

#54 Social

I joined librarything in the first round of IHCPL. I think I would prefer a live book club so I could have the intimacy of seeing people's faces and visting with refreshments.
We have a book club at our library, but it's for adults. We could try a children's or teen book club. I think it would be cool to have a teen(or preteen book club) and have the kids pick the titles at least half the time, unless they seemed like they needed more direction and more suggestions. I would definitely like there to be refreshments there. I liked the ideas for icebreakers listed on the Reading Group Choices site-one listed asked patrons to bring favorite book, numbers are displayed in lieu of person's name by each book-you try to match the person who brought the book. Reading Group Guides suggested The Book Thief by Markus Zusak for a YA book club book.
3. 78 people had Animal Shelter Mystery on Shelfari and it received 4 and 3/4 stars and compared that to Amazon's 4 1/2 stars. On Shelfari 36 members have Ghost Hunt, it got 4 out of 5 stars. On Goodreads An. Shelter Mystery received a rating of 3.72 and Ghost Hunt series ranged from 3.93-4.38.

No comments: