Thursday, September 3, 2009

staying well #42

I went to drugs.com and used the pill identifier to look up my regular 2 prescriptions. For one, the site gave many identifying pictures. The information seemed brief,but accurate and more information was available in other segments on the site on the drugs. I had trouble with medline, then realized I wasn't using medline plus. I got 5-7 good results for endocrinologists in Galveston County (within 10 miles). I created a family medical tree by clicking on My Family Health Portrait. I filled out just the medical information for myself, entered listings for my siblings, parents, grandparents, and my parents siblings. After printing I will fill out the information that I know and will find out more on other family members' medical or past medical conditions. Some of my relatives had multiple medical conditions, as we do now, and I'm not altogether certain what they died from, but am curious to see if I can find better definitive answers from relatives. This is important for genealogy, besides encouraging you to write down names of relatives of course, you can trace incidences of common disease and begin to guess at heriditary or lifestyle nature of diseases present.

No comments: