Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wellness 41a Going Green Activity #1 & #2

I went to the Green Team site to get my estimated carbon footprint. After taking the survey and submitting suggested improvements, the site told me I could whittle my usage down 6% for a savings of $305 a yr. to save 2510 pounds of CO2 per yr (to make my usage 36,672 lbs. a yr). Points were given for recycling, getting a more economical car, using more efficient light bulbs etc.
I've been to a few farmer's markets. The last notable larger one I've been to was Froberg's Farm on the outskirts of Alvin, TX (off Hwy 6). I called ahead for hours and to ask what was in season. Although they had a variety of goodies and a nice building, I was dissappointed that the 2 things they told me were in season and grown on the farm-eggplants and something else, weren't actually in stock when I got there. I would go again though.

No comments: