Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ihcpl/week 7/wikis

wikis are cool. nice not to have to know html, i see you have to do things like place 2 asteriks before something to make it bold, etc. though. I have used the HCPL srp wiki before by mf in material selection. a great resource, especially for new employess. like the tracking tools and that earlier pages can be viewed. I added my blog to favorite blogs in HCPL wiki and added a comment under favorite restaurants about a pho tail recommendation. i checked out Library Success: a Best Practices Wiki, Services for Teens(which included book recommendations/synopsis), and Library Services in rural, native and tribal libraries (reported how storytime on demand-for anyone who walks in and requests it-and strong audio holdings (oral history culture here) help literacy in those communities. I also checked out the ALA event wiki for the June 21-27,2007 meeting in Washington D.C. Flip Flop Librarians Weblog was another blog I have linked to my bloglines now.

No comments: