Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ihcpl/week #9

I watched videos on youtube entitled the first date, no cookies in the library(classic sesame street), part of the librarian occupational ad from 1946, and one of my son's favorites, the barney version of souljah boy. They are fun to watch, especially given that the new sesame street supposedly doesn't include cookie monster because he was obese and wanted to eat cookies all the time (and oscar was too grouchy?)??? I like the vast array of videos you can view quickly and easily from subjects from travel to endangered animals to entertainment/cartoons, etc. I don't like how I looked under comedy and after viewing the first date i looked to the side and saw links to lots of crude looking videos on sex. I will definitely have to keep monitoring my son's usage closely. It would be great to look up subjects in the library catalog and have the option to have related videoclips (maybe the more educational ones such as on travel and endangered animals, etc.)available in the search. Was able to post cookie monster video to del.icio.us

No comments: