Saturday, October 31, 2009

#52 What to Read

1. I searched in Novelist plus for Nora Roberts and it suggested Joann Ross, Anne Stuart, Suzanne Brockman, Christine Feehan, & Jayne Anne Krentz among other authors to try (for similar reads). In What Should I Read Next suggestions were Jude Devereaux, Catherine Anderson, and Cara Lockwood. Webrary.org results were pretty non-existent. I found her on a list w/romance authors but there was no link and she was not on their list of authors w/read-alike links.
2. For a fourth grade girl choice #17 on novelist for animal fiction was The Animal Shelter Mystery by Gertrude Warner. Since the genre wasn't specified I did a search for nonfiction also and first on list was Animals and their young how animals produce and care for their babies by Pamela Hickman. For her 13 yr old brother I searched for all (instead of fiction or nonfiction)-#6 on the list was Ghost Hunt anime series by Shiho Inada and #13 was The Ghost Behind the Wall by Melvin Burgess-those are my picks.
3. For Dean Koontz I went to Library Booklists and Bibliographies and was connected to Atomz.com and if you like. It was not nearly as easy to use as novelist, I had to look for him under horror authors-first other horror authors listed are Jonathan Aycliffe and Clive Barker(not exactly horror?) I didn't see him on webrary. Novelist Plus gave me Greg Bear and Dan Simmons.
4. For the Tamora Pierce series I chose Novelist -the name of the series is Song of the Lionness
. Alanna: the first adventure (1983) 2. In the hand of the goddess (1984) 3. The woman who rides like a man (1986) 4. Lioness rampant (c 1988)
(links from author to title to series)

No comments: